This new lens has been designed to create a classically styled image at wide open apertures by intentionally not correcting for certain optical aberrations. This image effect is painterly and subtle compared to images created with modern lenses.
By leaving some aberrations uncorrected, both coma and spherical, we create a genuine classic image rendering rather than images created with digital post-processing. Not every subject demands maximum sharpness and saturation, some require and deserve a more delicate touch.
This unique Heliar look cannot be obtained with modern lenses that over correct all optical aberrations.
- Heliar-type optical design producing a large aperture of F1.5
- Classic image style characterized by residual aberrations
- Full metal barrel for high rigidity and durability
- Manual focus for accurate focusing operation
- Bayonet VM Mount
- High-precision rangefinder interlocking mechanism
- Minimum focusing distance of 0.5m
- Full-frame image circle